Hi, Connie here with a really fun and cute project. Great home decor project. for the front door. I created with the Wood Vintage Truck by Clear Scraps to create a "Gone Fishing" sign. We just need to go fish'in, like now!!
1. Sand the truck lightly with sand paper and wipe off with a soft cloth.
2. Paint the truck with acrylic paint of your choice. Mark off the tires.
3. Paint the tires black and the hub caps gray or silver.
4. Paint the side bars brown.
5. Sand lightly and wipe off.
6. Create a fishing pole out of a yard stick. Attach it to the side bar of the truck.
7. Apply the "gone fishing" stencil by Clear Scraps to the front of the truck.
8. I used Jet Black Archival ink.
9. I used the 6"Beach Fun and 6"Ocean friends stencils to add the fish and hook to the "gone fishing" (I wanted it to look more like a logo on the side of a truck).
A few tips to keep in mind when creating this project~
Rubbing Alcohol will take off the acrylic paint in case of a goof up. Remove the problem area and then touch up with more paint. I use cotton balls.
To get the tires round (without a stencil or guide) I use my pinky finger as a stabilizer (like a compass) to get the shape of the top circle.
To put the "gone fishing"on~first apply the "gone" above the rear tire and then apply "fishing" above the running board.
One more~I used ink with the stencils and not paint. You will get really crisp words this way.
Thanks for stopping by~
Connie Mercer/DT Member