Partnering with Joy Clair today~
June 19, 2019
Hi, Connie here with the Scallop Wood Phone Stand by Clear Scraps and it is decorated with Joy Clair stamped images. The images and sentiments are stamped directly on the painted wood. We are partnering with Joy Clair Stamps this week! So fun!
How cool is that? Super easy and looks beautiful. Let me show you~
1. Sand the wood lightly before adding color.
2. Paint all sides (I used a metallic acrylic paint) and then sand lightly again.
3. The next step is making a temporary stencil. I did this by die cutting an oval shape on a 4" X 6" piece of white cardstock.
4. Use the negative and lay it on the front of the phone stand. Use a soft sponge and add color to the inside of the oval shape.
5. Stamp the sentiment inside the oval shape. I used Archival/Jet Black ink. It is a good idea to test the stamp, several times, so you get good coverage when stamped on the wood.
6. Remove the temporary stencil and add the border to the top of the phone stand.
7. Outline the oval with a no.2 paint brush and white acrylic paint.
8. Stamp the leaves and ivy to the bottom of the oval. Paint the inside of the leaves with green acrylic paint.
9. Add a paper flower to the center of leaves and splat with metallic paint (used to paint wood phone stand with).
10. Stamp small highlights and place a white pearl in the center.
The Wood Phone Stands by Clear Scraps are really fun to create and using stamps make really fun patterns for enhancing the phone stand.
Clear Scraps: Scallop Phone Stand
Joy Clair: Born to Sparkle
Joy Clair: Saved by Grace
Archival ink/Jet Black
Thanks for stopping by~
Connie Mercer/DT Member
This is lovely!
Posted by: Sue D | June 21, 2019 at 11:32 AM