It's Katie here, my very first Clear Scraps blog post here... As an introduction, I'm sharing this mixed media layout that I created using the square XL Decor Shape...
Featuring my designs that I had won in a competition this January, I created this layout using various mediums (see supplies below) onto the Decor Shape via blending of various colours to achieve this cloudy effect at the background... In order to hold the paints well, I actually spray some Gesso solution (a mix of Gesso and water) onto the Decor Shape prior to that... Lastly, to bring out the shape of the Decor Shape, I painted the edges using some gold paint...
- Art Anthology dimensional paints (velvet; limeaid, sorbet; satin sheen gold)
- Tim Holtz alcohol inks (cloudy blue, aqua)
- Tattered Angel glimmer mist (crumpet, burnt red)
- Heidi Swapp color shine (coral)
- Unity Stamp (vintage handwritten)
- Staz On (jet black)
- Vintage dictionary papers
- Clear Scraps XL Deco Shapes
- Graphic 45 Bohemian Bazzar papers (vivid splendor, dazzling delights, stickers & chipboards)