March 18, 2013
Hi everyone! I recently found this photo I took a few years ago of my youngest son on a family day trip. He was so unhappy and gloomy in the photo, that I thought it would be fun to play off his mood and pair it with happy, bright papers in a layout.
- Clear Scraps Deco Shapes (XL Scallop)
- Pattern Papers (Basic Grey, Echo Park, American Craft, KI Memories, Cosmo Cricket)
- Cloud Sticker (Echo Park)
- Alphabet Stickers (Basic Grey)
- Other: Glossy Accents
- Sketch out ray design on scrap paper to use as a pattern. Using a rainbow of pattern papers and cut out rays.
- Adhere pattern paper to black cardstock and machine stitch. Adhere to the back of the Clear Scrap Scallop Deco Shape.
- Adhere photo to the front of the Clear Scrap Scallop Deco Shape.
- Add title with alphabet stickers to photo.
- Use typewriter to type journaling and adhere to layout.
- Embellish layout with cloud sticker, sun and glossy accents raindrops.
idea to note: To create the look of raindrops, place a drop of Glossy Accents on the Clear Scraps acrylic. Place a pin tip in the middle of the Glossy Accents and pull up to create a rain drop look. Allow to dry completely. Be sure to practice on a scrap sheet of acrylic or while the plastic backing is still on your acrylic to get a feel for how to make the rain drops.
Wendy Price- Clear Scrap Designer
This is gorgeous Wendy! Love the colors! You rocked this layout! :)
Posted by: Jennifer | March 19, 2013 at 07:33 PM