Countdown to Christmas
December 03, 2012
"How many more days till Christmas?" I get that question a lot these days from my youngest son, so I decided to make a Countdown to Christmas layout. A hole trimmed into the acrylic allows for hanging number tags to count down the days. The XL Deco Shape acrylic makes it durable enough, that he will be able to use it not only through the holiday season but for years to come.
Supplies Used: Clear Scraps (XL Deco Shapes, Clear N Chip Little Miss Molly), Echo Park pattern paper, Stampendous Glitter Embossing Powder, Basic Grey chipboard letters, QuickQuotes ink, Beacon Adhesive, buttons, twine
1. Trim pattern paper down to fit XL Deco Shape.
2. Cut a circle out of the XL Deco Shape with a circle cutting tool. Be careful and take your time.
3. Line up XL Shape with your pattern papers, and trace circle. Cut circle from pattern paper. Create a hook from wire and adhere to the XL Shape with a brad or adhesive.
4. Cut numbers 1-24 from pattern paper or use alphabet stickers/stamps and create your own. Line up your circles with the hook and punch holes in tags so they will hang from hook. To make my tags more sturdy, I glued numbers together. 1 and 2 are together, 3 and 4 are together, etc.
5. Paint scallop design from Clear N Chip Little Miss Molly with green paint. Emboss with glitter embossing powder. Adhere to layout where cut out circle is.
6. Add photos, holly pieces cut from pattern paper, chipboard letters and buttons.
Wendy Price- Clear Scraps Design Team
This is really cute! I like those photos...
Posted by: Kay | December 03, 2012 at 12:58 PM
I really love this Wendy!!!
Posted by: Adora | December 04, 2012 at 07:07 AM
awesome, love the idea
Posted by: eleele | December 04, 2012 at 09:39 AM
Really great idea!! Love this little cut out, and your clever idea of making it an advent!
Posted by: Beverly Jordan | December 06, 2012 at 08:14 AM
Wow, eso fue muy interesante. Inspirador, también. Gracias por compartir esta experiencia inspiradora con nosotros. Usted tiene razón, usted realmente salvar vidas. Gran blog, felicidades.
Posted by: louboutin ankle boots | January 08, 2013 at 11:47 PM