Batty in Blue - Halloween Layout
August 21, 2011
Halloween layouts don''t have to be spooky or even be black and orange!I created this page using some Halloween elements, like Clear Scraps Mini Bat Album and googly eyes, and non-Halloween items, like this school themed paper from Pink Paislee.
I used a BUNCH of different techniques on this layout:
- Embossed Acrylic - I embossed two of the bat shaped pages from the Clear Scraps Mini Bat Album with a Sizzix Embossing Folder and a Sizzix Big Shot Machine.
- Sanding - After embossing the bats, I sanded the back of each to add texture to the raised, embossed image. I also sanded the edges of the Pink Paislee Acrylic Card on the back and rubbed paint into the grooves to make the image on the front of the card stand out.
- Paint for Distressing - I painted the Clear Scraps Mini Bat Album with white acrylic paint and then used a paper towel to remove the paint from the raised parts of the image.
- Paint - Painted the Chipboard gears from the Clear Scraps Clear N Chip Carson's Park and sprinkled them with glitter while they were still wet.
- Rub-Ons - I added scraps of partial rub-ons sheets to the edges of the front of the Clear Scraps Dazed Square.
- Inking - I inked the back of the Clear Scraps Dazed Square with Staz-On ink in black to help make the rub-ons stand out and also define the edges of the acrylic square.
- Stitching - I punched holes on the cut edges of the Clear Scraps Dazed Square and used a hole punch to punch 5 holes in each piece of acrylic. I then laced/sewed the pieces together with twine.
I love what you did with the bats! great layout.
Posted by: Tona | August 21, 2011 at 09:31 AM