I "adore" the XL Deco squares
August 30, 2010
I love working with all of the XL shapes from Clear Scraps. Today I am sharing a layout that I did with the XL Deco Squares. They come 2 to a package with 2 different shapes. If you are wondering or looking for a different XL shape then Clear Scraps has got you covered. There are several different shape combinations for you to choose from. See XL SHAPES on the Clear Scraps Site for more choices.
Clear Scraps XL Deco Squares
Melissa Frances Pattern paper
Making Memories Pattern paper
Prima flowers & bling swirl
My Little Shoebox mini purple alphas
Zig Paint Marker
Jenni Bowlin bingo card (I cut the top off and used it as my title)
MS butterfly punches
Here are a few Tips that I wrote down while I was doing this layout.
1. Using the Zig Paint Marker shake it up very well and just follow your edge. Go slow if you don't have a steady hand. It dries pretty quick which is nice.
2. While it's drying get your papers cut and trim your edges with your favorite decorative edge punch.
3. Ink all the edges of your papers.
4. Find some of your favorite embellishments that you have in your stash that will work with your papers. A lot of times I will just use what is left on my desk from a previous layout or project. A great way to use up those stragglers.
5. Build your layout on the XL Deco Acrylic shape with a strong adhesive. Remember the laws of gravity. A few of my favorites are Zip Dry and 3-in-1 which are both made by Beacon and are a wet adhesive. If you are a dry adhesive user Glue Arts High Tac works great.
6. The little black polka dot butterflies where punched from the package that the bling came in.
Thanks for looking,
Clear Scraps Designer
Those paint markers are The Best on there, aren't they?? Love how this turned out Elisa!
Posted by: Cathy | August 30, 2010 at 02:14 PM
This is really cool Elisa!!
Posted by: Rita Barakat | August 30, 2010 at 11:02 PM