Coffee Cozie anyone?
March 05, 2010
Today I am showing you my acrylic Coffee Cozie. I love taking the 12x12 acrylic sheets and using them as the base of my projects and turning it into a great gift for family, friends and even teachers.
- I used a cardboard coffee cozy from my local coffee shop and took it apart to use as my template.
- Using Purple Cows Freestyle Mouse and wavy click blade trim across the top and bottom of the template to get the scalloped edge look.
- Then using the straight click blade for the sides.
- Emboss the acrylic using a Sizzix embossing folder and Big Shot.
- Peel off both sides of protective coating from the acrylic
- Wrap around a cup and use zip dry to adhere the ends together
- Once dry stitch the ends you just glued. (if you like)
- Now feel free to embellish as you like. ( I stamped a flower image and used water colors to get the colors and effect I wanted. I then laminated it with Purple Cows laminator. Trimed it out and then ran it through the laminator to seal the edges I just cut and adhered it to the front of the coffee cozie.)
Since this is a gift I decided to take my left over acrylic from my 12x12 sheet I just cut my coffee cozie from and make a simple card.
- Trim acrylic to 3.5x9 and score in half
- Apply lace at the top
- Apply rub-on to bottom right corner (Thinking of you)
- Embellish the inside of card as you like. (I stamped the same flower and used water colors and adhered to the inside of my card.
Clear Scraps Designer
Elisa..that is so cute!
Posted by: Cathy | March 05, 2010 at 09:52 PM
Elisa, that is really cool. I am going to do that for my little ones teacher. Great idea!!!
Posted by: Susan | March 06, 2010 at 12:34 PM