Happy Birthday Banner
February 10, 2010
Here's an idea you can use next time you're planning a birthday party for someone special - embellish a fun birthday banner just for the occasion!
Supplies I Used:
- Banner: Clear Scraps
- Clear Mini Cupcake Shapes: Clear Scraps
- Chipboard Bird and Flower Shapes: Clear Scraps
- Ribbon: Creative Impressions
- Chipboard Letters: My Little Shoebox, Junkitz
- Patterned Papers: My Little Shoebox
- Die Cuts: My Little Shoebox
- Flowers and Flower Centers: Accent Scrapbooking
- Other Embellishments: Magic Mesh
- Marker: Zig Painty Pen
- Paper Edgers: Fiskars
- Adhesives: Scor-Tape by Scor-Pal, Glue Dots
I used a pages from the Clear Scraps cupcake mini album as a template for tracing around the Junkitz cupcake paper, and then I added both the cupcake shapes and the cut-out papers to the banner. The smaller cupcakes aren't ordinarily part of the banner, but I wanted to make my banner a little longer so I added them.
I love using my Clear Scraps acrylic shapes as templates! They are amazing! I wrote an earlier blog post with more ideas for how to do so. I hope you will find it helpful.
Need more banner ideas? Click here to see how Elisa embellished this banner! or click here to see Tonya's FAB ideas for dressing up the baby banner!
Posted by: Amy Solovay
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.