Here's an idea you can use next time you're planning a birthday party for someone special - embellish a fun birthday banner just for the occasion!
Supplies I Used:
- Banner: Clear Scraps
- Clear Mini Cupcake Shapes: Clear Scraps
- Chipboard Bird and Flower Shapes: Clear Scraps
- Ribbon: Creative Impressions
- Chipboard Letters: My Little Shoebox, Junkitz
- Patterned Papers: My Little Shoebox
- Die Cuts: My Little Shoebox
- Flowers and Flower Centers: Accent Scrapbooking
- Other Embellishments: Magic Mesh
- Marker: Zig Painty Pen
- Paper Edgers: Fiskars
- Adhesives: Scor-Tape by Scor-Pal, Glue Dots
I used a pages from the Clear Scraps cupcake mini album as a template for tracing around the Junkitz cupcake paper, and then I added both the cupcake shapes and the cut-out papers to the banner. The smaller cupcakes aren't ordinarily part of the banner, but I wanted to make my banner a little longer so I added them.
I love using my Clear Scraps acrylic shapes as templates! They are amazing! I wrote an earlier blog post with more ideas for how to do so. I hope you will find it helpful.
Posted by: Amy Solovay