Hey friends, it is Pinky today with a fun technique you can try even if you try with your kids!
These are alcohol ink bookmarks that I created words on using a simple technique, I will share with you.
Clear Scraps makes s any products that make amazing gift ideas and in this case bookmarks.
I used the Acrylic Angle Tags for these.
- Remove protective film from back of Angle Tag.
- Take red and purple alcohol ink and drop small drops onto uncovered back of tags.
- Blend using cotton ball or blending dauber.
- Before it dries quickly turn over and lightly press alcohol ink side onto scratch paper, this will gently remove part of the pigment from the middle of the tags. Allow alcohol ink to dry for a couple minutes.
- Remove protective film from front of tags.
- Take cardstock alphabet place onto front of tags (not alcohol ink side).
- Take StazOn Jet Black ink and dab over front of tag, over letters (be sure to press ink into the crevices) but do not cover completely, you want to be able to see the alcohol ink colors come through from the back.
- Set aside to dry for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove letters!
- Tie leather cording onto top of tag, or pretty ribbon if these are for a female. They look more masculine with the leather.
Easy right? And so artsy and fun!
I hope you enjoyed the instructions, I would love to see your designs...